Area Manager/Host Family Recruiter
Area Manager/Host Family Recruiter
Educational Homestay Programs
Greater Sacramento area, California
EHP currently consists of a Central team based in Boston and Santa Barbara with Area Managers along the East and West Coasts who work remotely. We are looking to grow our program in the greater Sacramento region and seeking a super star Area Manager who will focus on the growth and development of our programs in the greater Sacramento region.
Holds overall responsibility and accountability for the success of EHP programs in the designated region, including, but not limited to:
- Staff recruitment and training. Regional staff is made up of seasonal part-time employees and independent contractors who recruit host families, run successful summer activities for our students, ESL teachers, volunteer coordinators & provide community support
- Build a team through managing, supporting, hiring, training, mentoring and evaluating seasonal staff
- Timely volunteer host family recruitment hitting regional and group benchmarks
- Ensuring a positive, high quality experience for all participants
- Fiscal responsibility and ability to manage/maintain budget
- Manage, monitor and support the production details including but not limited to site calendars, bussing, stock and distribution, budget and financial operations and staff training, management and evaluation.
- Monitor and support the operations and performance of a variety of program sites and provide advice and direction for improvement.
- Analyze staffing issues assist with recruitment, training and retention of staff.
- Provide leadership, expectations and coaching to all staff. Hold staff accountable for results related recruitment, program quality and budget
- Provide staff with all reasonable support to ensure the success of their programs; challenge the weak performers and look for ways to improve the program.
- Create and manage action plans for sites not meeting objectives
- Be available to participants at all hours to assist in the resolution of issues or to provide support as needed.
- Needs to be available to work at recruitment events most weekends in spring and summer months.
- Must have working car and be able to drive to your regions site when needed, including the ability to travel/stay in a specific location for days or weeks, depending on level of support required.
- Home office needed and the ability to check email and respond to email and voice messages within 24 hours or less.
- Must live in greater Sacramento region and have at least three STRONG proven networking connections.
Requirements: Experience and Education:
- College or University degree
- 5+ years experience in a management role
- Excellent Analytical skills; budgeting, organizational, payroll and operational skills.
- Proven track record of successful multi-site management
- Ability to lead, manage, train and motivate a diverse team
- Ability to provide stellar customer service; handle multicultural problem solving, crisis management and
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to travel and manage a flexible work schedule.
Profile of Ideal Candidate:
- Hands-on, collaborative, driven and proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a highly organized manner
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive initiatives and competing priorities
- Goal oriented, self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to generate unique ideas and take them all the way to execution and measurement
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and perform a variety of deadline-driven projects
- Background in volunteer management a plus
- A detail-oriented, problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Must have tremendous conflict resolution skills and the ability to think quickly on feet and respond to emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Be able to roll up sleeves and lead by example with a smile.
In your application, please upload your resume and cover letter in the same document.
Educational Homestay Programs (EHP), EFs non-profit Language Travel division in the United States and Canada, is dedicated to the promotion of international understanding through cultural exchange and language learning. EHP allows international students ages 9 to 18 to explore another language and culture during summer homestay and residential programs in the USA lasting two to four weeks. In these escorted group travel programs, daily language lessons are combined with afternoon activities including sightseeing excursions and visits to local attractions. www,ef.com/ehp
EF Educational Homestay Programs is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is opening the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://careers.ef.com/.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top