Area Manager Italy
EF Go Ahead Tours is part of EF Cultural Tours, the world’s largest privately owned tour operator specialized in Education Travel. EF Go Ahead Tours is a product that specializes in the Adult North American Market.
Starting date for the position is as soon as possible.
As an Area Manager you will join the Operations team of EF Go Ahead Tours where you will be responsible for getting the best deals at the target quality for our land services. You will use your social skills to foster relationships with existing suppliers and develop new ones. You will apply your analytical skills to set and manage budgets, being always conscious of offering the best customer experience.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Negotiating contracts with hotels, restaurants, bus companies and tourist attractions
- Prospecting and identifying new business partners within your region
- Budget-setting and budget accountability at the end of the fiscal year
- Product development. This includes developing new tours and improving existing itineraries
- Settling accounts with your suppliers
- Two years of experience is a similar role.
- Italian mother tongue
- English mandatory, German/French /Spanish is a plus.
- University degree in business, economics, tourism or similar
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Quick learner and a proven problem solver. You think already several steps ahead!
- Excellent with numbers and Microsoft Excel
- You are never happy with the status-quo and always come up with creative ways of improvement
- Well-traveled and willing to travel
- Nationality of one of the EU or EFTA countries or permission to work in Switzerland
If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career in the largest private education company in the world, we want to hear from you!
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top