Job Title: Apprentice Support Manager
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Head of Apprentice Support
Hult Ashridge Qualifications & Apprenticeships is a globally recognised triple accredited executive business school. We have been supporting the learning and development of leaders for over 65 years. In 2018 we started delivering apprenticeships. Our portfolio of apprenticeships has grown and continues to grow with the delivery of Level 4 to 7 Higher and Degree Apprenticeships with over 1000 students.
If you have a passion for quality, are able to ‘think on your feet’ and can ‘get things done’ this is a great opportunity to join our high-performing Apprenticeships Team as an Apprentice Support Manager.
Working with the Head of Apprentice Support in providing top quality support and guidance to both apprentices and their employers, you will develop strong, positive relationships with Apprentices, helping them stay on track to complete Apprenticeship, including preparation for their EPA . You will be Apprentices’ first line of support, providing coaching to individual apprentices, line managers and apprenticeship leads on a regular basis when needed, responding to queries, monitoring progress and supporting the Head of Apprentice Support and Head of Operations with review meetings and dissemination of information to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using your relevant experience supporting apprenticeships, line managers and their apprenticeship leads.
- Maximining Apprentice Progression & Retention
- To support the monitoring of Apprentice engagement, progression and performance through the collection and analysis of data describing participation and success of their apprenticeship.
- Ensuring a quality apprentice/student experience by building excellent relationships with designated apprentices, providing helpful and timely responses to queries (email, phone and face to face)
- Provide clear and consistent management, oversight, and support to apprentices including coaching individual apprentices, provide ongoing academic and pastoral/welfare support, in order to facilitate their learning, performance and progression and in order to improve retention and achievement of apprentices.
- Undertake apprentices’ progress and tripartite review meetings as required and manage any issues which arise.
- Track and report progress of planned learning, maintaining records throughout the Apprentice/learner journey ensuring full compliance with Ofsted, ESFA and other regulatory bodies.
- Support designated Progress Tutors in the completion of progress review meetings
- Lead the planning and delivery of induction programs for designated Apprenticeship Programs
- Oversee support and feedback for apprentices’ in the development and maintenance of End Point Assessment (EPA)-portfolios.
- Support Apprentices in preparation for End Point Assessment
- Assist Program Team with basic SIS tasks such as matriculating students, online registration and attendance as well as with basic application of prior learning reports
- Internal/External Stakeholder Liaison
- Contributing to review meetings and dissemination of information to relevant external and internal stakeholders as directed by Head of Apprentice Support
- Being a point of contact for apprentices and employers (cohort managers, line managers and mentors) keeping them informed of the program and learner progress.
- Building effective professional relationships with internal stakeholders; faculty, adjuncts and other internal departments
- Liaise with faculty on learning materials and teaching to be able to offer advice and guidance to apprentices.
- Provide feedback from the reviews and business intelligence to the Head of Apprentice Support and Head of Operations
- Program Support
- Knowledge and application of content (academics) in support of student progress/market need – developing supplementary materials as required;
- Manage facilitation of apprentice feedback and follow up on actions so that we learn and improve and ensure problems are resolved quickly.
- Record details of review meetings, other communications and issues so that it can be used for auditing purposes.
- Assist with appropriate selection and admissions activities (including Assessment Centres and Visits) in order to set and gain a better understanding of student needs/expectations.
- Being knowledgeable on, and able to use all program tools, platforms and processes to support the smooth running of programs.
- Leading and actively promoting best practices amongst colleagues, creating noticeable improvements
- Managing other ad-hoc internal projects as required from time to time by Line Manager, providing support to immediate and wider Ashridge
- You will have relevant experience supporting apprenticeships, line managers and their apprenticeship leads.
- Degree or equivalent experience in business, coaching or similar subject
- Experience of higher education sector and apprenticeships is preferred
- Experience of working with online management systems, portals and ePortfolios
- Experience of tutoring/coaching at a management level in a work-based learning environment
- A confident user of Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Very organized, plans ahead, has attention to detail, gets things right quickly
- Proactive, Practical and can-do – gets things done at pace and is action, priority and solution focused
- Great communication skills, happy to, and skilled at, stand up and talk in front of apprentices and employers
- Tech savvy, flexible and confident people who embrace change, will try new things, exploit technology
- Builds real relationships and seen as a trusted advisor and someone with influence
- Desire for efficiency and constant improvement – asks ‘how can we do this better next time?’ and has ideas and ability to understand, diagnose and identify solutions.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- 25 days paid holiday each year (3 days typically held for Christmas period shutdown)
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free access to Leadership Live, our award winning online learning resource tool
Hult is a global institution with campuses in London, Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai, London as well as Ashridge near London. We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world by transforming the lives of individuals and organisations through providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult Ashridge values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Hult Ashridge offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.