Do you have a warm smile that makes others feel welcome?
Do you enjoy helping people find solutions to their problems?
Are you organized, detail-oriented and reliable?
If yes, you may be the ideal Administrative Coordinator at EF International Language Centers. You will deliver above-and-beyond customer service while also providing administrative support to all departments within our school including student services, housing and academics. This is a part-time role compensated at $16/hour, with the potential to grow into a full-time, salaried/benefited role in the future. We are only interested in serious candidates committed to our mission of opening the world through education.
- Minimum two years experience in an administrative or customer service role – preferably in the hospitality/tourism industry
- High School Diploma and at least some college
- S. work authorization and fluent written and oral English skills (other language skills a plus)
- Available to work Monday-Friday 8:30am – 2:00pm; additional hours may be needed from time to time
- Reliable – you are someone who can be counted on to deliver results
- Outgoing and personable- service with a smile and pleasant phone demeanor
- Robust organization and time management skills, strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with basic IT tasks/troubleshooting
- Ability to perform general maintenance tasks – moving boxes, assembling furniture, basic repairs
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, enjoys a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Patience and empathy towards working with individuals from many different cultures and ages, as well as limited English skills
- High energy, positive, passionate about study abroad, a good sense of humor and fun!
- Staff the school reception desk where you will greet customers and visitors on a daily basis as well as answering all incoming phone calls
- Organize weekly new student intake, welcoming new customers every Monday morning
- Assist with walk-in sales and up-selling course upgrades/extensions
- Collect and follow up on student evaluation forms, ensuring immediate reaction and resolution to any and all complaints, keeping detailed, professionally written logs in our student database
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail and packages for staff and students
- Ensure all school facilities and equipment in good working order, carrying out regular and proactive building checks – this will include assembling/moving furniture, repairing fixtures and fittings, general upkeep, etc.
- Responsible for all IT equipment within the school including student/staff computers, laptops, classroom projectors, iPads, photocopiers, phones, etc. Perform regular preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Immediately and directly undertake the necessary work to resolve IT/facilities issues – goal is to repair problems before customers notice them
- Organize storage areas; inventory/order office supplies and other items working within assigned budgets
- Review and process supplier invoices ensuring accurate, on-time payments to our vendors
- Provide ongoing administrative support to all school departments and complete other projects as assigned; assist with school-wide initiatives and events
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top