Admin & Housing Coordinator - EF Barcelona Campus
- Barcelona, Spain
EF Barcelona is looking for an energetic and caring Admin & Housing Coordinator to work closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a stressful environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The Admin & Housing Coordinator is required to meet the varying needs of our students and their host families/residences, in addition to completing other administrative and school-wide duties.
The successful candidate for this position will report directly to the School Director and assist with all aspects of student welfare including housing, discipline, and administration for our students in the school. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our sales offices worldwide, work closely with the housing team, and retain and recruit host families.
Key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to
- Providing students with quality accommodation service throughout their stay
- Following up on students’ feedback (especially during their first week)
- Enforce school rules and policies at the accommodation, manage and follow-up on student discipline & welfare issues
- Communication with sales offices (concerning logistics and students’ discipline & welfare)
- Maintenance of related paperwork and database records
- Organization of student’s airport transfers
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with experience in customer service, tourism/hospitality or student services. Past experience in residential life and/or living/studying/working abroad is a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or tourism preferred, with 2-3 years of working experience
- Native Spanish and fluency in English required. A third language is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong aptitude for negotiation and persuasion
- Empathy and compassion towards others along with strong listening skills
- Diplomacy, patience, flexibility and strong conflict resolution skills
- Stellar attention to detail
- Ability to meet long and short-term goals, ability to prioritize
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and flexibility
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Strong willingness and desire to take charge during emergencies
- International experience preferred
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest in the position.
Who are we?
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top