Activity Leader (Temp Full-Time)
7 Week Contract Starting from June 25
Do you like having fun?
Do you like making sure other people are having fun?
Do you like meeting new people?
If so, then you might be the ideal Activity Leader for EF Language Travel in Cairns.
About the Role
In this role you will work alongside a co-leader to organize and produce a full activity and excursion timetable and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction. *Candidates must live locally in the homestay destination and have their own transportation to the local Course Center.*
- Assisting with timely student arrivals and departures.
- Delivering an initial welcome briefing to students.
- Ongoing promotion of activities and encouragement of student participation.
- Conducting daily meetings with students after lessons to communicate information regarding activity choices, meeting times and places and upcoming events.
- Attending and running all activities for your group.
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attending all leader meetings.
- Participating in the duty rotas when required.
- Ensuring the EF behavior code is followed by students at all times and inform management immediately if there are any issues or problems.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Attending weekend optional trip depending on the program and schedule.
- Enthusiastic, organized and a natural leader.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Upbeat, fun and able to produce “wow” moments for the students.
- Camp experience or experience with young students a plus.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Responsible and flexible.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend training prior to your contract commencing.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, then play hard. We believe that education can break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
You are driven to succeed and will always go the extra mile for your customers, friends, family. You are detail oriented and focused on getting great results, but you don’t forget to have a good time whilst getting there. You are outgoing and positive. You believe that by being hands-on and passionate, nothing is impossible.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top