Are you the life of the party?
Do you love hosting events and making sure other people are having fun?
Do enjoy working with people from around the world?
If yes, then you may be the ideal Activities Leader at EF International Language Centers – San Diego. Reporting to the Activities Manager and Activities Coordinator, you will guide groups of international students through fun, unforgettable experiences across the San Diego area. Your mission will be to ensure students have the experience of lifetime and memories that last forever.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- High School Diploma plus 1-2 years work experience (preferably in sales, customer service, hospitality or events)
- Fluent written and verbal English skills
- Amazing energy and enthusiasm – you command an audience and are comfortable leading groups of 100+ individuals on your own
- Availability during evening/weekend hours (approximately 20-30+ hours per week)
- Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure
- Reliability – you are extremely dependable and true to your word
- Comfortable working with diverse populations including those with limited to no English skills
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of the San Diego Area
- CPR/First Aid training not required but a huge plus
- Most importantly, you have a positive attitude, great sense of humor and you are FUN!
- Lead large groups of international students on wide-range of after-school activities. This will include everything from biking Mission Bay to building a bonfire on Ocean Beach to visiting the San Diego Zoo, administering soccer tournaments.
- Be prepared to work primarily evening and weekend hours – you have a flexible schedule.
- Provide above-and-beyond customer service making sure that students have the time of their life. Your performance will be measured via standardized customer satisfaction surveys.
- Engage all students on your activity regardless of age, nationality or English proficiency.
- Responsible for all transportation, tickets and other logistical details for the group as well as managing all finance for the trip, reporting back to the Activities Manager and/or Coordinator
- Ensure the safety of all participants, carrying a first aid kit and liaising with emergency services personnel/on-call school staff when applicable.
- Staff large-scale, school-wide events such as nightclub parties, student orientations and graduation ceremonies. During large intakes you will also greet new students at the airport.
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned (this will include making new student welcome packets, organizing storage areas, covering school reception desk, etc.).
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top