Spring and Summer job
Working with people from around the world, developing yourself and providing others with amazing, new experiences... is that what you would love to do this Spring and Summer? Then this might be the job for you!
EF Bristol is searching for Activity Leaders this Spring and Summer season.
Our Activity Leader roles are hourly paid, flexible and can fit around studies or other work. Most of the excursions are Saturday and Sunday with weekday activities taking place late afternoon and some evenings.
What will you be doing
Every day is different from taking students on unique excursions to kayaking on the harbourside or leading a graffiti walking tour.
- The role also includes admin duties, such as taking registers and welfare duties.
- Leads groups of international students on a variety of activities and day trips
- Creates a lively atmosphere during excursions, delivering excellent customer service
- Takes responsibility for health and safety of all students including completing and adhering to risk assessments and emergency situations in line with EF policy and procedures
- Delivers an initial welcome briefing to students before an activity
- Ensures the welfare of all students, with a focus on students under 18 years of age, making sure robust procedures are followed to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Ensures the EF behaviour code is followed by all students at all times and informs the
- Assists with other duties as requested by the Student Services Manager
- Can deliver outstanding customer service
- Enthusiastic about working with international students and spending time with our customers when on activities
- A love of Bristol and excellent local knowledge
- Extremely organised and resourceful with boundless enthusiasm
- Outstanding communicator, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a multicultural environment or living/working abroad a plus
- Creative approach to problem solving & flexible approach to hours and tasks
- Great people skills – able to influence and motivate, diplomatic and patient
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting fee welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.