Activities Summer Coordinator
Are you ready to take on real responsibilities, creative challenges and truly contribute to our student experience?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, mature and responsible Activities Summer Coordinator to start June until August 2018 in our Brighton team.
This is a temporary (6-10 weeks), live-in role.
As Brighton's Activities Coordinator, you will help the Activities Manager to plan, promote and lead activities and excursions and also help coordinate our team of summer staff to ensure successful scaling of our key offerings.
We're a dynamic team who love providing education, entertainment and the experiences of a lifetime to our students, and also ourselves. If that sounds like your jam, we want to hear from you.
As an EF Activities Coordinator, you will...
- Organise and implement a social, cultural and sporting activities programme appropriate to students’ needs and age groups (16+)
- Ensure that students experience Brighton's unique and varied social offerings no matter the duration of their course
- Accompany activities and excursions as required – including evening and weekend work
- Liaise with local, national and international service providers to negotiate activities and rates
- Liaise with colleagues in other EF schools and offices worldwide to organise/host/promote events.
- Update and coordinate various social media platforms, such as Facebook, instagram and Snapchat, driving student engagement
As an EF team member you have to...
- Be a problem solver that thinks on their feet
- Thrive on good customer service and enjoy spending time with our students
- Be truly invested in the goals and success of your department and team
- Have the drive to meet targets and deadlines, creatively expanding the activities offering while remaining cost effective
- Be committed to student safety and welfare, implementing risk assessments and procedures as appropriate
- Have the right to work in the country of employment
In this role, you will get:
- A foot in the door with the world leader in international education
- Continuous Professional Development including in-house training and external courses
- The opportunity to grow, looking behind the scenes of a buzzing school destination
- The chance to build lasting friendships with truly multinational and multicultural colleagues
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top