Activities Manager - Isle of Wight Residence
Who You Are
- Are you enthusiastic, organised, and a natural leader, capable of using your own initiative?
- Do you have what it takes to manage an international team of leaders, whilst planning, & promoting a full activity programme?
- Are you passionate about cultural and international exchange?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
Take overall responsibility of the full activity programme at the Centre. From managing the full Activities Staff (which includes local and international members), to organising student parties or sports tournaments, to planning the logistics of a weekend excursion; this is a busy yet rewarding summer job.
- Planning and promoting activities and excursions.
- Liaising with local suppliers and attractions.
- Coordinating timetables for all activity groups.
- Monitoring activity stock levels with regular stock takes.
- Collecting, recording and banking income.
- Activity Leader support including observations, feedback and development.
- Delivering regular leader briefings.
- Collating and reviewing activities paperwork.
- Welfare and discipline on activities and excursions.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Experience in event management, logistical planning, and management
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Maintains a balance between professionalism and fun.
- Extremely organised and a natural leader.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend a Senior Staff Training weekend prior to your contract commencing.
* Please only apply to one EF International Language Centers - Summer Camps job, based on your preferred role and location/accommodation type.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top