Activities Manager- Florida Resort
EF International Language Campuses
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world’s leader in international education. We offer students from Europe and Asia (aged 13-18) the opportunity to spend two to four weeks in the United States to improve their language skills, live with a local host family or in a residence, and learn about American culture through fun and immersive activities.
Who You Are
- Are you bold, confident and charismatic?
- Do you naturally stay organized and on top of details?
- Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environments?
- Are you a natural leader, someone who loves managing and coaching people to be their best?
If so, this role could be the role for you.
As the Activities Manager, you assume responsibility for planning, organizing and delivering the activities program from concept to implementation during the Summer 2019 program. This individual provides oversight, management and coaching to a team of Activity Leaders, as well as directing program logistics such as bus transportation, event planning, and payments to suppliers. This is a high-energy role that requires a strong leader and manager, someone who can drive the program and ensure Activity Leaders have the tools, training and guidance to showcase the local area and provide life-changing experiences to the students.
- Manage, coach, motivate and provide performance evaluations to your team of Activity Leaders.
- Plan, organize and oversee a variety of activities, social events, day trips and multi-day excursions included on the activity program.
- Deliver daily team meetings; create and distribute daily “game plans” to your team.
- Manage finances to ensure activities remain within budget; manage activity stock and supplies.
- Manage all activity program logistics, including bus transportation, staff scheduling and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate all logistics for student arrivals and departures.
- Manage relationships with local suppliers and partners, including submitting payments and processing invoices.
- Lead a full day Activity Leader training prior to the student arrivals.
- Be available to work late nights for some events, such as host family evenings, arrivals and departures, and also to assist with emergency situations should they arrive.
- Has management experience (1+ preferred).
- Has experience working with young people and/or experience working with international students.
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Is enthusiastic, upbeat and a natural leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possesses strong communication skills and teamwork abilities.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Can attend a Senior Staff training prior to contract commencing.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top