Activities Manager, EF San Diego
The role: Working independently to offer a varied, competitively priced and attractive social activities program to a broad range of international students in a large and busy year-round school.
Duties and responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Organize and implement social, cultural and sporting activities program appropriate to students’ needs.
- Oversee all daily operations in the activities department including campus activities, excursions, local events/activities, large school events, and the activities desk.
- Liaise with local and national service providers to negotiate rates & deals for student excursions.
- Liaise with local & national companies & organizations to negotiate discounts & memberships for EF students.
- Assist with registration of new students on arrival
- Give brief presentation of role & services to new students on arrival
- Produce monthly activities program & monthly school newsletter and make this available to students.
- Liaise with colleagues in other EF schools nationwide to organize/host/promote inter-school events
- Accompany activities & excursions as required – including regular evening & weekend work.
- Ensure appropriate staffing for groups and tours
- Promote school events and excursions and design advertising posters, leaflets etc.
- Administer the ordering and selling of EF merchandise.
- Responsible for daily banking and maintaining accurate records.
- Monitor stocks of EF merchandise, local maps, etc.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date filing systems and accurate financial records
- Provide student welfare assistance to students where required.
- Ensure that varied information is available to students for leisure time activities, such as tourist information for other destinations, travel information and timetables. Ensure that information is clearly displayed and regularly updated.
- Participate in training programs for visiting sales staff.
- Share emergency on call duties with other school staff on rotating basis.
- Organize school staff events.
- Update school’s MyEF account 6 months in advance
- Maintain school’s Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat account on a regular basis.
- Strive to achieve favorable student evaluations and meet with students to gather feedback on current activities.
- Able to work autonomously while still supporting colleagues in a team
- Organized with attention to detail
- Outgoing & confident personality
- Cultural sensitivity
- Enjoy working in busy & dynamic environment
- Enjoy multi-tasking
- Creative & energetic with lots of common sense
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Computer literate & comfortable with most current software and minor IT issues
- Bachelor’s degree
Back to top