EF International Language Centers
(a division of Education First)
San Francisco, CA
Are you the life of the party?
Do you love hosting events and making sure other people are having fun?
Do enjoy working with people from around the world?
If yes, then you may be the ideal Activities Leader at EF International Language Centers – San Francisco. Reporting to the Activities Coordinator, you will guide groups of international students through fun, unforgettable experiences across the Bay Area. Your mission will be to ensure students have the experience of lifetime and memories that last forever.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- High School Diploma plus 1-2 years work experience (preferably in sales, customer service, hospitality or events)
- Fluent written and verbal English skills
- Amazing energy and enthusiasm – you command an audience and are comfortable leading groups of 100+ individuals on your own
- Availability during evening/weekend hours (approximately 15-20 hours per week)
- Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure
- Reliability – you are extremely dependable and true to your word
- Comfortable working with diverse populations including those with limited to no English skills
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Basic knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area
- CPR/First Aid training not required but a huge plus
- Most importantly, you have a positive attitude, great sense of humor and you are FUN!
- Lead large groups of international students on wide-range of after-school activities. This will include everything from biking the Golden Gate Bridge to building a bonfire on Ocean Beach to visiting the De Young Museum and more.
- Be prepared to work primarily evening and weekend hours – you have a flexible schedule.
- Provide above-and-beyond customer service making sure that students have the time of their life. Your performance will be measured via standardized customer satisfaction surveys.
- Engage all students on your activity regardless of age, nationality or English proficiency.
- Responsible for all transportation, tickets and other logistical details for the group as well as managing all finance for the trip, reporting back to the Activities Coordinator.
- Ensure the safety of all participants, carrying a first aid kit and liaising with emergency services personnel/on-call school staff when applicable.
- Staff large-scale, school-wide events such as nightclub parties, student orientations and graduation ceremonies. During large intakes you will also greet new students at the airport.
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned (this will include making new student welcome packets, organizing storage areas, covering school reception desk, etc.).
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter. Learn more about us at www.ef.com/careers
Back to top