Activities Coordinator Internship
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world’s leader in international education. We offer students from all over the world (aged 16-65) the opportunity to spend two to fifty-four weeks in Sydney to improve their language skills, live with a local host family or in a residence, and learn about Australian culture through fun and immersive activities.
Who You Are
- Are you looking for hands-on experience working with international students and leaders?
- Are you looking to hone your leadership, communication and project management skills?
- Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environments?
- Are you a go-getter, someone who loves learning, taking on responsibility, and jumping in feet-first?
- Are you looking to launch your career with EF or a like-minded company or organization?
If so, this Internship could be the one for you.
The Internship (19th February - 15th June)
As an intern for EF Sydney Activities Team, you’d work hand-in-hand with our Senior Staff to experience and participate in all facets of the program and to learn the “behind the scenes” of the Language School operation. One day, you could be leading activities at the beach in the morning and planning an upcoming graduation ceremony in the afternoon. The next day, you could be co-leading an orientation for incoming students in the morning and leading an excursion with students in the afternoon. Each day will be a new experience and adventure!
Research and create “Daily Itineraries” for the activities team.
Organize, plan and lead a full schedule of activities, games, sports, field trips and excursions.
- Welcoming new students every Monday morning during weekly student orientation sessions, explaining activity options and sign up process, leading a walking tour of Sydney to acquaint students to the area.
- Serve as the on-site point of contact for students and provide additional support to Senior Staff and local team.
- Constantly marketing and promoting activities to ensure high attendance and strong sales.
- Serving as “City Insider” and advising students on “go-on-your-own” activities throughout Sydney.
- Advising a student council to provide input into activity offerings and foster school spirit.
- Participate in, Organize and implement social, cultural and sporting activities program appropriate to students’ needs.
- Liaise with local and national service providers to negotiate rates & deals for student excursions.
- Experience working in a customer-oriented environment.
- Experience working with young students and/or international students.
- Approachable and friendly with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, upbeat and a natural leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possesses strong communication skills and teamwork abilities.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Complete fluency in English.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter in English, describing why your experience, background and passion for travel and education make you the perfect fit for this internship.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top