Who You Are
- Do you know the best beaches around Auckland? Where to find the best food? Do you know where the best walks in the city are? Do you know what bands are playing in the city as well as when & where they are playing? Are you hands on and able to plan great events? If you can yes to these then read on….
- Are you passionate about cultural and international exchange?
- Are you enthusiastic, organised, and a natural leader, capable of using your own initiative?
- Do you have what it takes to engage international students, whilst planning, & promoting a full activity programme showing off the very best of Auckland and New Zealand?
If you can answer yes to all of these things then this role could be the one for you:
Role and Responsibilities:
This position plays an important role in fostering a sense of community and school spirit. More specific responsibilities include:
- Produce a monthly activities programme for students of various age ranges. The bulk of which will be for students aged 18-35. We also regularly have students in the school that can age from 35-70 years of age. Everyone needs to be able to engage with activities whatever the budget or age
- Promote school events and excursions, to encourage students to participate
- Alongside the School Director liaise with local and national service providers to negotiate rates and deals for student excursions
- Accompany activities and excursions as required – this will include regular evening and weekend work
- Provide student welfare assistance to students as required
- Assist with registration of new students on arrival, leading a city tour for new students every Monday
- Responsible for EF merchandise; selling & stock levels
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date filing systems as well as accurate financial records and the daily banking of any takings.
- Ensures that varied information is available to students for leisure time activities, such as tourist information for other destinations, travel information and timetables. Ensures that information is clearly displayed and regularly updated throughout the school
- Shares emergency on-call duties with other school staff on rotating basis, including some evenings and weekends
- Assist with organising school staff events
- Updates school intranet daily and noticeboard
- Assist with the upkeep of the school’s Facebook & Instagram accounts.
- Assist with the recruitment of temporary seasonal activity staff
Applicants for this position should have some customer service and sales experience, have a good sense of humor, be outgoing, fun, creative and organized, be able to work flexible hours, and enjoy working with people from different countries and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree desirable but not essential
- Student life, intramural sports, and/or extracurricular activities planning, tour guide experience is a plus
- Native fluency in English essential
- Knowledge of any other languages will be considered as a plus
- User knowledge of social media such as Facebook, Instagram
- Right to work in New Zealand essential.
- Driving license desirable
To apply please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a valid Working With Children Checks, and character reference check. References will be followed up, and we’ll ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, then play hard. We believe that education can break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
Back to top