EF Malaga is seeking a dynamic Activities Coordinator to oversee and produce a complete activities program for our students. EF Malaga student body consists of students mostly between the ages of 16-25 hailing from around the world; student population fluctuates between 80 and 600 students over the course of the year, with the highest volumes coming over the summer.
- Able to work autonomously while still supporting colleagues in a team
- Organized with attention to details
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Cultural sensitivity
- Enjoy working in busy and dynamic environment
- Enjoy multi-tasking
- Creative & energetic with lots of common sense is key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Computer literate and comfortable with most current software and minor IT issues
Role and Responsibilities:
In general, the position plays an important role fostering a sense of community and school spirit. More specific responsibilities include:
- Produces monthly activities program and publicizes this to students, motivating and persuading students to participate in these events
- Promotes school events and excursions and designs advertising posters, leaflets etc.
- Recruits, supervises and supports staff to help run activities
- Organizes and implements social, cultural and sporting activities program appropriate to students’ needs
- Liaises with local and national service providers to negotiate rates and deals for student excursions.
- Accompanies activities and excursions as required – including regular evening and weekend work
- Sells activities and weekend excursions to Seville, Granada, Cordoba, Ronda, etc.
- Provides student welfare assistance to students as needed
- Liaises with local and national companies to negotiate discounts and memberships for EF students.
- Assists with registration of new students on arrival, leads a city tour for new students every Monday
- Gives brief presentation of role and services to new students on arrival
- Administers the ordering and selling of EF merchandise
- Responsible for daily banking of takings and maintaining accurate records
- Monitors stocks of EF merchandise, local maps, etc
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date filing systems and accurate financial records
- Ensures that varied information is available to students for leisure time activities, such as tourist information for other destinations, travel information and timetables. Ensures that information is clearly displayed and regularly updated
- Plans and participates in training programs for visiting sales staff
- Shares emergency on-call duties with other school staff on rotating basis
- Organizes school staff events
- Updates school intranet daily
- Maintains school’s Facebook/Instagram account daily
- Works at reception desk
During the summer, the Activities Coordinator will manage a staff of 4-5 people (employees and interns).
Applicants for this position should have some customer service and sales experience, have a good sense of humor, be outgoing, fun, creative and organized, be able to work flexible hours, and enjoy working with people from different countries and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree required
- 2 years’ work experience
- Student life, intramural sports, and/or extracurricular activities planning experience a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish, English and travel experience required
- Knowledge of any other languages will be considered as a plus
- User knowledge of photo and video-editing required
- User knowledge of social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
To apply please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top