Accountant to Head Quarters
As an accountant, you will be responsible for a number of day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable, general ledger entries, intercompany invoicing and processing of payments. To accomplish your tasks you will work closely with other functional areas and other EF companies around the world. You will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures.
As you prove your skills and acquire new ones, you develop your career and increase your responsibility. You will assist the financial manager during the audit process. You will be involved in P&L analysis and budget follow-ups. You will have the opportunity to work on individual projects, proving your analytical independent way of working and delivering high quality results.
We are continuously searching for ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Accountants in the early stages of their careers, to join our strong network of Finance professionals in Lucerne, Switzerland. EF is a young, dynamic and entrepreneurial company which is looking for independent responsible personalities with an international mindset.
For the successful candidate, this position provides immense opportunities for growth, with the possibility to contribute to large scale business decisions and planning. Operating within the company’s global headquarters, the position requires the ability to work and communicate across numerous functional areas within the Group, offering exposure to a truly global business and its underlying finance structure.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/ Finance/ Economics or similar.
- Competence in MS Excel with exposure to advanced formulas and functions a plus.
- Relevant experience in the field of accounting is considered an advantage.
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Solution oriented, open-minded and driven.
- Displays accountability and commitment to team goals.
- Flexible and able to multitask.
- Strong communication and social skills, able to work in English (written & verbal) and with all levels of management.
- Competencies in other languages is considered an advantage.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Why work at EF?
- We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join an flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employs over 40,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you
Back to top