Account Manager, Group Sales
Account Manager, Group Sales
EF Go Ahead Tours
Are you passionate about travel? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you an effective communicator and team player? If so, you might be the ideal Account Manager for the EF Go Ahead Group Travel Program.
EF Go Ahead is the adult travel division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. The EF Go Ahead Group Sales team partners with group coordinators across North America to assist them in developing travel programs for friends, family, coworkers, community members and organizations. As Account Manager, you’ll be part of Go Ahead’s sales and service team responsible for growing the business and ensuring a remarkable customer experience.
Attention to detail, systems savvy, creative problem solving skills, patience, positivity, integrity and outstanding customer service are essential qualities for this role.
As an Account Manager, you will use your keen attention to detail and passion for travel to support Group Coordinators with all aspects of their tour. You want to understand the minutiae of every trip, follow through with every request and go above and beyond to ensure the Group Coordinator has a great experience leading up to departure. Your role is to quickly and efficiently respond to all customer requests as well as provide proactive, anticipatory service.
- Manage group trips within your region from enrollment through departure
- Initiate and follow-up on Group requests as the liaison between Group Coordinators and internal EF Go Ahead departments
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our product, processes, and internal systems
- Ensure that all service revenue goals are met
- Speak with group coordinators regarding inquiries about booking, payments, passports and other pre-departure topics
- Set correct expectations by providing detailed information to travelers to ensure they have a full understanding of each component of the trip prior to their tour
- Responsible for overall group satisfaction and strong repeat rate of groups
A successful Groups Account Manager will be:
- A college grad with 2+ years of experience
- A self-starter who dives head first into difficult tasks
- A lover of details
- A positive presence with the ability to communicate in writing and verbally with a wide variety of customer and coworker personalities
- A creative solutions-finder with a Nothing is Impossible attitude
- A strong team player who wants to invest in our company, our team and our valued Group Coordinators
- A natural relationship builder who can foster loyalty
- A competitive mind who is always on the hunt for new business opportunities and is eager to contribute to regional growth
As a EF Go Ahead Groups Account Manager, you will be at the forefront of an organization which is shaping the global perspective of passionate travelers. As a part of the EF Go Ahead team you can expect to:
- Make an impact. Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Travel. Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well. Benefits include three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and 25% company match on your 401(k).
- Stay healthy. We’re proud to offer market-leading healthcare, discounted gym memberships, and free in-house group exercise classes.
- Be engaged. We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development, free in-house language classes, a yearly stipend for continued education, and frequent team competitions.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top