Account Manager - Account Services Team, Denver
Account Manager – Account Services Team
Cultural Care Au Pair
About Cultural Care:
We help young adults from around the world make the impressive commitment to spend a year living away from family and friends to live with an American host family. Cultural Care Au Pair is a designated program sponsor under the U.S. Department of State’s federally regulated au pair program. We provide support and program management during this exchange year. Cultural Care has recently celebrated 25 years of bringing families and au pairs together. We are a worldwide organization based in more than 20 countries. The average tenure of our US staff is 6 years – and increasing! We are now about 50% based in our Boston and Denver offices and 50% field based.
About the role:
You are a natural relationship builder, and truly enjoy working in a collaborative environment. If you disliked group projects in college, this job is not for you. If you want to play a major role in keeping our cultural exchange program healthy and vibrant for years to come, this job may be perfect for you.
Use your superior communication skills and timely responsiveness in this highly visible position within our company. Working mostly through phone and email communication, you serve as the primary resource of information and problem solving for our host families, au pairs, contractors and colleagues. While fielding a decent amount of phone calls daily, you are able to maintain a positive attitude and make every customer feel like your top priority. With every inquiry, whether a host parent, au pair or contractor, you proactively add value to the overall customer experience, by being thorough and anticipating future needs. You will work directly with our vast and experienced team of Local Childcare Consultants (LCCs). Host families also look to Program Specialists as a trusted resource for any program or finance questions throughout the year. You can explain policies and procedures in a clear, helpful way and are not afraid to remind families of payment deadlines in a professional manner.
This role gives insight into every aspect of our organization, setting up the right candidate for growth opportunities. This position is also exciting to those who have a strong appreciation for other cultures and languages, because you’ll have direct contact with many of our au pairs.
A day in the life…
- Kindly and effectively answer questions and resolve customer needs over the phone and email
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance customer experience
- Engage in team-oriented activities: sharing ideas, giving feedback, and training new hires
- Prioritize customer needs and set realistic expectations
- Review documents to make sure we remain in 100% compliance with the US department of State
- Call and email host families to remind them of program fees, due dates, credits and discounts
- Responsible for the overall Accounts Receivable aspect of your region
Some things about you…
- Demonstrated relationship-building experience
- The ability to be a natural motivator, bringing passion and enthusiasm to a team
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
Some nitty gritty:
Occasional Saturday work and shift work required. Sometimes we celebrate hitting goals and honoring overseas visitors with evening dinners and events. We also have opportunities to dress up like superheroes and 90’s Rockstars, and attend Disco-themed parties. If you have a problem with this, you should think twice before applying. Our “over-the-top” culture permeates everything we do.
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Market-leading health insurance options with Harvard Pilgrim
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1st year), followed by 4 weeks (2nd year)
- 25% company match for your 401(k) contributions with Fidelity
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- Sunny open-concept office space
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
Cultural Care Au Pair is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.edu/careers.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top