At EF we are looking to recruit Accommodation Manager for our Centre in Dublin.
The Accommodation Manager manages the Home-stay department for our international students.
The manager’s responsibilities are to ensure the recruitment of homestay providers reaches the needed target, to provide a support service to international students in school, to comply with quality standards and match the requirements of accrediting organisations, to cooperate with the Director of Student Services/School Director in performing this role and to present themselves as a model of quality and professionalism within the school.
- Team leadership and experience of staff management
- Target driven essential
- Highly organized and resourceful, working to deadlines with a flexible approach
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease and remain calm under pressure
- A flexible approach to work and hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external clients
- Supervise the training and tasks of all staff in the accommodation office and assure a smoothly run department.
- Recruit, evaluate and selects suitable homestay provider within deadlines.
- Allocate students to accommodation within deadlines.
- Process and maintain student accommodation records.
- Ensure regular assessment of accommodation against EF standards and quality criteria set by accrediting organizations.
- Ensure to reach evaluation targets for homestay providers set by management in the beginning of the year.
- Provide welfare advice and support as required and appropriate.
- Process and maintain up to date homestay provider records.
- Deal with student queries regarding accommodation and acting as a liaison between students and homestay providers.
- Provide pre-departure accommodation information to EF sales offices worldwide.
- Monitor student evaluations of accommodation and respond to comments and complaints as required.
- Produce monthly newsletter to hosts.
- Liaise with finance department to ensure prompt and accurate payment to accommodation providers.
- Answer EF sales office enquiries regarding accommodation issues.
- Meet and talk to new students on arrival.
- Participate in training programs for visiting sales staff.
- Mentor designated groups of long stay students.
- Share emergency on-call duties with other school staff.
Full-time 08.30 – 17.30 / 09.30 – 18.30, 5 days per week.
Holiday entitlement 20 days per annum pro rata.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has continued to expand its range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our Language Centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our International Language Centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation, whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check (or local police check if you do not live in the UK) and character referencing.
Back to top