- Do you want the opportunity to work in an international environment?
- Do you love to travel and want the opportunity to work for a company where you could start a global career?
- Do you enjoy striking up conversations with new people?
- Do you enjoy interacting with people both on the phone and in person?
- Are you an independent thinker?
- Are you looking for a hands-on role, building and nurturing relationships with people?
- Do you possess excellent communication skills, and thrive in busy environments?
- Are you someone who loves learning, taking on responsibility, and jumping in feet-first?
- Do you thrive in a target driven environment? Are you proactive, confident and a good salesperson?
- Do you have great attention to detail?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a friendly, self-motivated and outgoing individual to work in an international team in our London Office located in Chelsea. Heading up our Host Family Recruitment team, you will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager and manage all aspects of our host family recruitment, retention and admin processes.
We are looking for someone to take initiative, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and like working in a dynamic, energetic and fast- moving team.
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world's leader in international education. We offer students from all over the world the opportunity to study, learn and improve their English language skills. As part of the programme, our students live with a local host family or in a student residence.
In this role, you will work as part of the London Homestay Team, responsible for recruiting host families for students from around the world, and caring for the welfare of those students during the summer. You will be working from our EF London office to recruit families around the London area, to further assist people who have queries or questions about potentially hosting an international student, and to act as a liaison between students and accommodation providers as required during the summer. You will organise and take part in host family recruitment and retention actions, which includes but not limited to:
- Visiting local families ensuring compliance and standards
- Ensuring the smooth running of our student accommodation during summer
- Oversee and manage the CRM process
- Managing the training of part-time visitors & telesales/admin staff
- Working off-site for promotional recruitment street actions, events, fairs and leafleting
- Working towards goals and targets for KPIs and student satisfaction rates
- Monitoring student evaluation comments and scores and responds to comments and complaints as required during the summer and off season groups
- Ensuring a high level of customer support service to host families
Benefits and perks
The opportunity to work for a company with truly international prospects, and to work in Chelsea in our newly renovated office space, just a short walk from all of the main transport hubs. The job could potentially lead to a permanent position.
Skills and experience
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Telemarketing experience is highly desirable
- Excellent telephone skills
- Friendly and approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers in person or on the phone and build a quick rapport
- Happy to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends where required
- Comfortable with the peaks and troughs of a seasonal industry
- Able to remain calm under pressure and to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
- Fluency in English
- Driving license preferable
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centres for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centres in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required.
Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top