EF International Language Centres, Bristol, is seeking a highly motivated and professional Accommodation Manager to head up a busy student services department within the school, providing homestay accommodation for its international students.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated manager to lead the homestay team and manage the department. Reporting to the School Director, you will oversee the day to day running of the department in accordance with EF policy, British Council and ISI criteria.
Delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction through seamless administration and excellent customer service to students, parents, recruitment offices, homestay hosts amongst others - will be one of your highest priorities.
If you have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, can work using your own initiative and are committed to quality performance, then we want to hear from you!
- Fluent English speaker
- Outgoing & confident personality
- Enjoy working in busy & varied environment
- Able to handle difficult situations with ease, remain calm and positive under pressure
- Flexible attitude toward work
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive with a team spirit, who thrives under high pressure and wants to work in an independent environment
- Leadership skills and ability to inspire others
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks within a fast-paced work environment
- Team management experience is highly valued
- Nothing is impossible attitude
- Plan and execute a homestay recruitment plan in order to meet agreed targets
- Match students to homestay hosts within required deadlines
- Lead and manage a small team to work efficiently and provide excellent customer service
- Liaise with worldwide EF sales office to provide the best possible service to students and colleagues, local and abroad
- Manage student queries regarding accommodation and act as a liaison between students and homestay providers
- Share emergency on-call duties with other school staff
- Contribute to the growth of the school
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference check. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top