To work as part of the Accommodation Team, responsible for both host family and residence accommodation and the welfare of international students at EF Manchester.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic and positive
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences
- Well organised and resourceful, working to deadlines with a flexible approach
- Target driven with an analytical approach to data
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, host families and external clients
- Enjoys working in a busy, dynamic, fast-paced school environment
- Supports the Accommodation Manager in providing quality accommodation options for students, helping to ensure students’ experience is a positive one.
- Works from the Accommodation Office in the school to provide face to face assistance to students who have queries or questions about their accommodation and to act as a liaison between students and accommodation providers as required.
- Corresponds with sales offices and provides pre-departure accommodation information as well as answering other queries and helping to promote EF Manchester amongst sales colleagues.
- Assists the Accommodation Manager with host family recruitment and placements.
- Organises and takes part in host family recruitment actions.
- Undertakes annual visits of existing host family homes to ensure they comply with quality standards.
- Assists with the smooth running of our student residence accommodation.
- Recruits, trains and manages the Residence Assistants who live onsite.
- Works towards whole school goals and targets for KPIs and student satisfaction rates.
- Monitors student evaluation comments and scores and responds to comments and complaints as required.
- Takes part in an emergency on call rota with other school staff.
- Assists with other duties as requested by the Accommodation Manager.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education. Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top