Academic Operations Manager (AOM)
Your mission: Transform lives of thousands of Chinese students by being the driving force behind the quality delivery of EF’s academic programs in EF Kids and Teens schools in over 15 cities. Engage and equip all levels to provide the very best language learning experience in over 35 centers in cities across China.
As an AOM, you set direction for school leadership in all matters related to academic quality and operations.
The AOM provides oversight, management and coaching to regional teams, including teachers, Directors of Studies and other Senior school managers. Other duties include driving innovative projects that change our operations for the better.
Who we are
- We’re problem-solvers – we think of national strategies but implement locally
- We’re teachers and academics – we train at all levels
- We’re developers of people – we coach Directors of Studies and Production Managers
- We’re frequent travelers – and we love discovering China
- We have presence in over 50 cities in China and over 102 schools
- We’re organized and driven - and we have really high standards
Who you are
- You are a strong executor who can make things happen through collaboration
- Someone who has learned by doing, you believe in the power of experiential education and you have demonstrated experience in implementing change to drive student growth or improve satisfaction as well as student results
- You have a diploma level qualification or an MA in TESOL and have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience in ESL
- You have a minimum of 4 years in academic management preferably as Senior DoS or Production Manager. You’re a role model for leadership.
- The challenge of coming up with innovative solutions to seemingly impossible problems excites you, especially when it comes to teacher retention and improving customer satisfaction
As a member of the Academic Operations Management team, you will be a driving force in accelerating student growth. You will strategically identify challenges and opportunities for EF Kids and Teens to improve student results, increase customer satisfaction and implement EF programs and systems to according to EF standard. You will review academic operations in schools to see what is working – and then coach, train, consult with local managers to make them even better.
Be involved in every aspect of our operations: whether it’s working with our sales and service teams to help schools grow student numbers or our marketing gurus to bring the best academic programs to market or with our operations team to create more efficient operations, you play an important role in putting it all together so our students benefit.
And you’ll work closely with product development teams here in Shanghai to implement the very best EF Kids and Teens product. From the big picture view to “no detail too small”, approach all your school visits with one goal in mind: constant improvement.
In addition to that, you will receive:
- Competitive compensation and outstanding benefits
- Opportunity to travel all over China
- A strong voice within the organization
- A mandate to put your entrepreneurial spirit to the test and impact the business
Back to top