EF International Language Centers
Who You Are
Are you bold, confident and charismatic?
Do you naturally stay organized and on top of details?
Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environments?
Are you a natural leader, someone who loves managing and coaching people to be their best?
Do you believe engagement, interaction and fun are key to successful ESL learning?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
As an Academic Manager, you assume overall responsibility for the academic program at one or more Language Travel centers. This role includes providing oversight, management and coaching to your team of ESL teachers, especially through regular in-classroom observations. The Academic Manager is also responsible for leading virtual and face-to-face trainings, for developing and implementing online inductions, and for assisting teachers with lesson planning, paperwork, and classroom management. This is a high-energy role that requires a strong leader and manager, someone who can provide tools, training and guidance such that their ESL Teachers can deliver fun, engaging and successful learning experiences.
- Lead full day teacher training and support teachers in their completion of online trainings.
- Manage, coach and conduct in-classroom observations and feedback for your team of ESL Teachers.
- Ensure the classrooms are set up and branded prior to student and staff arrivals at the school.
- Manage teachers on-site through regular team meetings, coaching and office hours.
- Assist ESL Teachers with course planning and curriculum developing.
- Deliver student testing and student satisfaction evaluations.
- Manage academic rosters and student placement using EF’s online database.
- Sort, organize and manage academic stock, including books, testing materials, graduation materials, etc.
- Assist with the planning and execution of academic events, including orientation and graduation ceremonies.
- Has either a CELTA/DELTA, or PGCE/ B.Ed. with knowledge of EFL/ESL.
- Qualifications due to be completed in the current academic year will also be considered.
- Has 1+ years of in-classroom ESL teaching experience.
- Has experience providing observational feedback to ESL teachers.
- Has experience working with young people and/or experience working with international students.
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Is enthusiastic, upbeat and a natural leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possesses strong communication skills and teamwork abilities.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Can attend a Senior Staff training prior to contract commencing.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top