EF International Language Centers is looking for an experienced leader to assist in managing the academic team at our San Francisco center. This position includes managing around 15 part time and full time teachers, as well as assisting with all functional and logistical aspects of the academic program. EF is the market leader in a growing industry at the crossroads of education and travel. The hallmarks of success in this role are passion, ability to think quickly on your feet and attention to detail.
- Valid U.S. work authorization
- Fluent written/oral English language skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in TESOL or related field preferred
- TEFL or equivalent certification and minimum three months teaching experience in an adult ESL environment
- Confidence and outstanding written/verbal professional communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability motivate a diverse and experienced teaching team
- Proven track record of implementing creative decisions to solve complex problems
- Extremely flexible – evening and weekend work required at certain times of year
- Goal-oriented and results-driven; accountable to firm deadlines
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, comfortable with a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A positive attitude, sense of humor and empathy for others – passionate and fun!
- Ensure academic excellence across all programs at the San Francisco school, with strong implementation of our Efekta learning system
- Advise students regarding classes, programs, schedules and academic goals
- Work within set guidelines to control class sizes and teaching costs, meeting strict budget targets
- Create and schedule classes to meet student needs, balancing quality and cost-effectiveness
- Recruit and on-board star teachers trained in our Efekta methodology
- Professionally develop and support a high quality teaching team who embody the EF core values; this includes regular classroom observations and training/development sessions
- Manage EF Internship Program: recruit local companies to offer unpaid internships in a variety of industries, expanding our partner network and supporting students in the placement process
- Maintain a teaching bank of approximately 8-12 hours per week
- Achieve high student satisfaction rates as measured by standardized questionnaires
- Collaborate with other departments to create a positive atmosphere and professional academic learning environment within the school, regularly assisting with school-wide initiatives and events and participating in emergency-phone rotation
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top