Are you a natural leader, who loves managing and coaching people to be their best? Do you believe engagement, interaction and fun are key to successful EFL learning? And are you tech-savvy and quick at learning new IT skills and systems?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
As an Academic Manager, you assume overall responsibility for the academic program at at one of our EF summer schools. This role includes providing oversight, management and coaching to your team of EFL teachers, through regular in-classroom observations and feedback sessions.
This is a high-energy role for a strong leader and manager, someone who gets energy from providing tools, training and guidance to our ESL Teachers so that they can deliver fun, engaging and successful learning experiences. You'll guide our teachers in changing peoples lives!
- Setting up the school and physically ensuring all classrooms meet EF specifications, and are maintained throughout the season.
- Allocating teachers and classrooms to groups of students, and playing a ‘hands on’ role in allocating students into classes on the first days in school.
- Managing academic stock including exam papers, certificates and equipment and making sure teaching team has the required stock.
- Managing all teaching staff at your Center, and working together with other Senior Staff to ensure full integration of teaching staff into team.
- Coordinating timetables for all academic groups, and keeping up to date in EF’s production system.
- Collating and reviewing academic paperwork, and inputting data into the system.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise
- Delivering initial teacher briefing, daily and weekly meetings.
- Teacher observations, feedback and development.
- Face-to-face TEFL (eg. CELTA, minimum 100 hours)
- Minimum six months’ teaching experience or one summer teaching for EF.
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader.
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Have the right to live and work in Malta.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend a Senior Staff Training May 18th-19th 2019
Back to top