Academic Development Editor
The Academic Development Editor will be an essential member of the Content Development Team at EF Learning Labs headquarters in Shanghai. You will be at the forefront of the hybrid model to language learning and be responsible for keeping pace with the latest trends.
You will be responsible for concept development, creation and quality management of innovative learning products. Working with the Academic Director and Academic Manager, you will develop and introduce academic and editorial guidelines and coordinate their implementation across teams.
- collecting academic requirements and creating proposals for new learning products
- developing and implementing academic and editorial guidelines with the academic team
- researching and supporting investigation into new and innovative approaches to online learning
- helping to hire, train and manage freelance writers and editors
- ensuring that all delivered learning content meets agreed standards
- reviewing editorial issues with team to improve overall content quality
- working with cross-functional project teams to develop multimedia materials for online and offline delivery
- working with subject matter experts to ensure that content matches learning objectives
- coordinating cross-team communication of content writing and development progress
- writing and editing lesson materials
- MA in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics
- at least 5 years’ experience in the field of ESL/ELT
- experience in ESL/ELT materials development
- training and/or management experience
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in written and spoken English
- excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- creativity, enthusiasm, energy and team spirit
- strong computer skills and the ability to work well in a technology environment
Interested applicants should send an updated resume and cover letter. Preference will be given to applicants who submit writing samples (articles, academic papers, lesson samples, etc.).
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top