Academic Development Editor
As an Academic Development Editor, you will be at the forefront of the hybrid model to language learning and be responsible for keeping pace with the latest trends. You will be responsible for concept development, creation and quality management of innovative learning products. Working with the Director of Academic and Affairs, as well as the Academic Manager, you will develop and introduce academic and editorial guidelines and coordinate their implementation across teams.
Interested applicants should send an updated resume and cover letter. Preference will be given to applicants who submit writing samples (articles, academic papers, lesson samples, etc.).
- Collect academic requirements and create proposals for new learning products;
- Develop and Implement academic and editorial guidelines with the academic team;
- Research and support investigation into new and innovative approaches to online learning;
- Help to hire, train and manage freelance writers and editors;
- Ensure that all delivered learning content meets agreed standards;
- Review editorial issues with team to improve overall content quality;
- Work with cross-functional project teams to develop multimedia materials for online and offline delivery;
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure that content matches learning objectives;
- Coordinate cross-team communication of content writing and development progress;
- Write and Edit lesson materials.
- MA in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of ESL/ELT
- Experienced in ESL/ELT materials development
- Having training and/or management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in written and spoken English
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- Creativity, enthusiasm, energy and team spirit
- strong computer skills and the ability to work well in a technology environment
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top