Academic Development Editor
As the Content Editor in in the EF EdTech Academic & Content Team, you will be responsible for creating new learning products
and overseeing the development of innovative educational content as part of our hybrid learning experience for adults. This
requires writing, editing and production of online and offline materials, the development and maintenance of products and
associated support that is pedagogically sound, aligned with business requirements for use across all EF markets.
The Content Editor will ensure the academic quality of learning materials and fit within the curriculum, providing students with
an industry-leading experience. You are a member of a user experience oriented team of academic experts guided by the
principles of looking for optimal solutions, standard setting, collaboration and creativity. The role will collaborate with team
members, end users and stakeholders to take products from concept to reality.
• establish overall academic quality standards in the team and resulting products
• maintain the academic quality of all content produced by the team, through editing individual lessons and chief
• write and produce learning materials and other content (for online and offline delivery)
• lead development, testing, and signoff of content for specific markets and learners
• work with key personnel/project teams and end users in relevant markets related to product development, testing
• deliver projects on-time and according to business requirements
• identify and act on support opportunities related to materials use/implementation
• build and maintain relationships and presence with stakeholders
• create and maintain key documents such as the product syllabus
• evaluate existing products and identify ways to improve the user and learning experience
• maintain teaching skills and industry knowledge with awareness of the latest trends
• MA in TESOL / Applied Linguistics / Linguistics or DELTA / Trinity DipTESOL
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of ESL/ELT
• Proven experience in ESL/ELT materials development
• Management or leadership experience (preferred)
• effective written and oral communication skills in accurate English (CEFR C2)
• excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and
consistently meet deadlines
• strong interpersonal skills and the ability to apply these in a multicultural
• leadership skills, and the ability to guide a team to successful project delivery
• able to work within given constraints to achieve results
• able to critically evaluate aspects of learning materials and curriculum and
propose relevant, innovative solutions
• able to embrace and adapt to new technology
• customer-focused and service-minded
• awareness of student and market needs
• able to work independently
• committed to continuous professional development and able to take action
based on feedback
EF offers a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy during weekends, after work and with friends & family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB ‘halb-tax’ travel card, covering country-wide public transportation
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house child care service (more info. available).
For more information about us visit our Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/weareefswitzerland/
Back to top