Academic Assistant– Job Description
Qualifications: BA + TEFL/CELTA, at least 1 year teaching experience in an international classroom, experience in a senior teacher or leadership role in a school setting preferred.
Role: Teach ESL classes and assist the Academic Manager with program management, student evaluations and daily administrative tasks.
- Teaching General English classes and special interest classes as needed.
- Assist in finding subs for teachers out and sub as required.
- Check admin (grades, part, progress checking, grade tracker, syllabi and schemes) and email teachers re: missing
- Check attendance bi-weekly (weekly for third warning and conditional students), create warning letters as needed for students below 80%. Maintain uploaded documents/logs and tracking information.
- Email departing students to teachers and follow up with missing Evaluation 2.
- Assist students with level and SPIN changes – help with SPIN Change and Advising session on Thursdays.
- Confirm Lecture details and input attendance weekly.
- Assemble academic portfolios for departing students, printing and organizing certificates and course reports.
- Counsel students on academic issues, including choosing the right classes/programs/materials, their academic standing and how to improve their language skills in general.
- Assist in academic orientation as needed, including leading the academic presentation and oral testing of new students.
- Ensure classrooms (including iLab/iPad rooms) are in good working order with necessary materials posted and report related Facilities or IT issues.
- Update Academic boards throughout school. Periodically create teacher and student profiles.
- Maintain book inventory and check office supply needs.
- Maintain library inventory. Check overdue library books/include in email to departing students.
- Assist with AY project classes.
- Assist in organizing AY graduation, as needed – including participating in ceremony, gathering mock
certificates and graduation caps, etc.
- Create academic-related documents, as needed.
This is a part time temporary position from November 2018 until end of February 2019 with the possibility of extending the contract.
About EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. EF International Language Centers provides young adults worldwide with instruction abroad in English. Courses start every Monday of the year and run from two weeks to fifty-two weeks. Instruction from qualified native speakers is supported by a weekly activities program.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries, generous vacations, and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers
Back to top