Sr. Technologist (HVAC)
- Irvine, CA
Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide array of HVAC equipment as well as participating in system improvement, reliability and/or projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct routine, periodic, or special inspections as required by the validated, electronic PM system while carrying out repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery and HVAC equipment; Trouble shoot and diagnose controls and system failures.
- Monitor and adjust building automation systems to optimize efficiency and energy savings while continuously referring to internal Quality documents and procedures to ensure compliance; collaborate with Quality in devising and implementing corrective actions, exception work orders (EWOs).
- Troubleshooting and recommend maintenance to limit downtime and keep production on schedule based on collaboration with Engineering, including identifying opportunities for modification and making recommendations. Check for failures in equipment and perform corrective actions to affected areas that have down time, including conducting and writing impact assessment reports of incidents and special preventive maintenance.
- Perform predictive maintenance inspection of critical HVAC systems to detect abnormalities and prevent premature system failures.
- Review and analyze unplanned maintenance of HVAC systems for root causes and implement corrective and preventive action for improvement as well as reviewing all equipment and determine spare parts list of HVAC system.
- Review, follow and perform check list actions for all equipment in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, blueprints, and equipment manufacturer manuals; may propose recommendations for supervisor approval.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years working with HVAC systems.
- Universal refrigerant license required.
- HVAC EPA 608 certification preferred.
- HVAC NATE certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- In depth knowledge and experience in HVAC systems, Electrical systems, Steam boiler systems and Compressed air systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Good computer skills, MS Outlook and CMMS.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing and Good Documentation Practices supporting a medical device environment.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Able to read, comprehend, write, and speak English.
- Ability to convey safety instructions to other co-workers and ensure they are adhering to them as required.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to the manufacturing floor operations and clean room medical device manufacturing.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and with other departments; by following detailed instructions.
- Work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams.
- Strict attention to detail.
E dwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top