The Senior Manager, R&D Engineering - Transcatheter Heart Valve, will lead a team of engineers and technicians in the development of novel therapies for the pulmonic transcatheter heart valve space. In this role, the Senior Manager will be responsible for mentoring and coaching the team, guiding development through commercialization of new technology, interfacing with cross-functional partners through the product development process as well as collaborating with key opinion leaders to define new opportunities for therapy growth.
- Plan and direct complex project activities with large scale or significant business impact with the accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables to the business and develop project plans and schedule, scope, and quality objectives. Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups
- Manage supervisors, managers, and/or experienced professionals and/or oversee the work of one or more areas, functionalities, and/or locations and have some budgetary responsibilities. Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department
- Lead cross-functional and/or departmental groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into complex component(s) or product(s)
- Lead efforts to optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options.
- Other incidental duties
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or other relevant discipline
- 10+ years of experience with 3+ years of that experience in a technical management role
- 3+ years of experience in design with stent and delivery system/catheter
- 5+ years of medical device experience and familiarity with associated regulatory requirements
- 5+ years of experience with development through commercialization process of medical devices
- 5+ years of experience with collaboration with physicians to solicit feedback on new technology
- Proven successful project management leadership skills
- Expert understanding of engineering procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
- Expert understanding of related aspects of engineering processes and/or systems
- Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to engineering
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners, business units, and/or sites and may engage with and influence senior management
- Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
- Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs
- Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness
E dwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all patient-facing and in-hospitals positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who enter a hospital or healthcare facility as part of their role. If hired and your position meets this criteria , as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption from being vaccinated.