Field Clinical Specialist, TMTT
Are you an ambitious Field Clinical Specialist? Do you have cardiovascular imaging experience - - especially with transoesophageal echo navigation? We're bringing a new portfolio of heart valve therapies to market, and we need the support of versatile, experienced specialists as we revolutionize treatments in cardiovascular care.
What's in it for you to join Edwards as a Field Clinical Specialist?
Our transcatheter mitral and tricuspid therapies (TMTT) team is dedicated to transforming treatment options and pioneering solutions for patients who suffer from structural heart disease. As a TMTT Field Clinical Specialist, you'll help bring exciting, new treatments to the patients who need solutions. And you'll join a growing business where you can truly progress in your career. At Edwards, we understand that everything we design, build, and deliver has a real impact on someone's life. If you're looking for a sense of personal and professional satisfaction, join us. You'll be part of a dynamic environment where you'll play a pivotal role in the adoption of transformational therapies, and ultimately help enhance patients' lives.
What you'll do
- Educate physicians on device handling, implantation and troubleshooting techniques related to the equipment required for device implants
- Coordinate one-on-one training sessions and in-service education programs in the hospital environment
- Provide medical staff with clinical instructions to support the full continuum of patient care
- Identify therapy adoption opportunities in collaboration with sales reps and managers in local geographies
- Serve as the designated expert on Edwards products by sharing your knowledge and training hospital staff
- Provide on-site, real-time guidance during clinical implants and proactively prepare contingency plans to address unforeseen occurrences
- Document procedural case observations for regulatory requirements and ongoing continuous improvement
- Collaborate with product development teams to provide feedback on device features and new device development
What you'll need
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant industry or clinical experience
- Experience with therapeutic implantable devices or interventional/surgical clinical care
- Formal education and clinical experience in one or more of the following specialties: Nursing (RN/BSN/MSN), Physician Assistant (PA-C), CV Sonography (RDCS/RDS), Cardiovascular Technician (RCIS/CVT/RTR)
- Interventional echo-navigation imaging expertise, particularly with 2D/3D TEE and CT-imaging
- A willingness to travel as we expect 50-60% travel time in this role
What else we look for
In addition to meeting minimum requirements, it would be valuable to have the following:
- Experience in interventional cardiology/cardiac cath lab
- Cardiac surgery experience
- Clinical engineering experience from industry-related positions that support clinical development and clinical case support
- Strong knowledge in cardiovascular science and valvular heart disease processes
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
For Upstate New York, the base pay range for this position is $104,000 to $125,000 (highly experienced).
The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience).
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless you request and are granted a medical or religious accommodation for exemption from the vaccination requirement. This vaccination requirement does not apply in countries where it is prohibited by law to impose vaccination. In countries where vaccines are less available, or other requirements exist, we may institute alternate measures that optimize patient safety and healthcare provider safety, which may include regular COVID testing or specific masking requirements.