Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in the science of heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company partners with clinicians to develop innovative technologies in the areas of structural heart disease and critical care monitoring that enable them to save and enhance patient lives. Due to continued growth, we have created a new role for a Field Clinical Specialist TMTT (Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapies) to join our exciting, groundbreaking heart valve technologies team.
The Clinical Field Specialist will report directly to the Business Unit Director of TMTT ANZ and will be responsible for providing clinical support to ensure exceptional clinical results for patients suffering from mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. The primary focus is supporting structural heart teams introduce and grow their structural heart programs and you will need to manage multiple stakeholders to ensure programs thrive and grow as these therapies mature. You will need to develop and maintain excellent relationships with key opinion leaders within the interventional structural heart arena and will have expertise introducing new therapies and products into the Australia and New Zealand markets. The team you will be working in is small and growing, you will need to be a real team player and able to step up and cover colleagues' territories as case volumes increase as well as having an open and solution orientated mindset to solve both clinical and commercial challenges.
You will need a solid understanding of echo and be familiar with the catheter and hybrid lab environments as well as a strong understanding of heart anatomy and physiology.
- Provide education on all aspects of our transcatheter edge to edge repair (TEER) and heart valves, device handling, implantation and troubleshooting techniques related to equipment, tools and products required for device implants.
- Develop, deliver and continuously improve training curriculum, training materials and training tools.
- Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and hospital staff on technical matters related to products and procedures through conducting and/or coordinating one-on-one ad hoc training sessions and in-service structured education programs.
- Throughout commercial procedures, provide physicians and medical staff with required follow-up support to ensure continuity of education and technical support related to all aspects of clinical research.
- Plan and implement growth strategies within focused accounts
- Responsible for upselling in key strategic accounts working in conjunction with Business Managers
- Learns the product(s), physiology, anatomy, applications and "language" of the market and Edwards Lifesciences
- Regularly reviews clinical support activities, changes in the market and assigned accounts
- Bachelor's Degree in related field,
- 3 years of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience in cardiac sonography/ heart valves - ideally mitral and/or tricuspid
- Experience of the Cath lab environment or as a scrub nurse for procedures
- Training experience in clinical / technical environment preferred - cath lab
- Ability to interpret cardiac echo reports
- Proven expertise in MS Office Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Commercial acumen
- Works independently without close supervision
- Ability to travel for work
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and the opportunity to join a fantastic culture that truly puts patients first whilst appreciating that our people are our priority. If you are driven and passionate and want to be a part of leading innovation in this dynamic and exciting space, we would love to hear from you today.