Education Pioneers Fellowship: Summer Track
Education Pioneers is currently accepting applications for the EP Fellowship Summer Track from professionals who want to use their background in data analysis, project and program management, strategy, and operations to transform the education sector.
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects professionals to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. They use their skills to transform education from outside of the classroom to ensure every student has access to opportunities and an excellent education.
The Education Pioneers Fellowship Summer Track provides talented professionals with a preview into a leadership career within the education sector. Fellows are placed on 10 week projects with leading education organizations, using existing skills and experience to make the biggest impact. During their placement, Fellows participate in leadership development programming alongside a cohort of diverse peers designed to build the mindsets and K-12 knowledge necessary to become a change agent in education.
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement. Previous Fellows have:
• Served as the project manager for the launch of a new charter school and directed the school’s setup, developed efficient administrative systems, and managed complex logistics and operations
• Supported the start-up of key operations, including transportation, family orientation, student enrollment, and staff professional development at charter school
• Led, designed, and built online, interactive data dashboards to show student performance over time
• Analyzed a charter management organizations operations to identify best practices and implemented standardized processes across the growing network
• Utilized teacher performance data to develop a mentorship programs pairing experienced educators with new teachers
• Created trainings on new systems and procedures to ensure strategic alignment across all schools at a charter management organization
The Fellowship provides hands-on, real-world experience as well as training in leadership skills and K-12 education issues. After the Fellowship, Pioneers gain the unique support and networking opportunities offered by EP and our robust nationwide network of more than 3,000 Fellows and Alumni.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
• Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
• Commitment to the full program term including the ability to complete 10 consecutive weeks of employment, attend convening’s, and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
• Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
• Experience in data analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
• Enrolled in or completion of graduate degree program
• Ability to take initiative and drive results
• A track record of success in academic and professional settings
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers application deadline is February 13th and our admissions process is highly selective.
- The summer track Fellowship runs from mid-June to mid-August. Exact Fellowship start and end dates will be determined in the spring of 2017
- Fellows receive a $7,200 stipend.
- APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Ill| DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Hartford, CT | Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.
Meet Some of Education Pioneers's Employees
Associate, Learning Programs
As a program associate on the Learning Programs Team, Tiffanie’s job is a mix of logistics, operations, and communications in support of the Education Pioneers Fellowship program.
Back to top