Education Pioneers Fellowship Career Track
On-ramp to your career in education leadership
Underperforming schools underserve millions of kids each year, particularly low-income students or student color. Currently, only 1 in 10 low-income students and students of color are at or above proficiency in math by 12th grade. Furthermore, only 1 in 10 students grouping up in poverty will graduate from college. We can do better than this! Changing the landscape of the education sector requires extraordinary change and extraordinary change requires extraordinary leaders.
To move the needle forward on education we need YOU!
Education Pioneers recruits, develops and connects diverse, talented professionals and graduate students — like you — to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations. Pioneers work on issues related to student data analysis, external relations, operations, human resources, strategy, and more. They solve problems outside of the classroom so students and teachers can succeed inside the classroom.
The career track is an on-ramp into a meaningful career in education, whether you're an emerging professional wanting to jump start your career, a mid-level leader looking to transfer sectors, or a seasoned executive hoping to grow your impact. As you begin your new role, you'll get tailored support that sets you up for success. Fellowship matching and placements will begin on a rolling basis starting after January 2016 and cohorts will kick off professional development quarterly. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Apply: Applications for the career track will be considered on a rolling basis for positions starting February 2016.
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
- Commitment to the full program term, including convenings and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years of full-time professional work experience (excluding undergraduate summer work)
- Experience in Data Analysis, Finance, External Relations, Human Capital, Operations, Technology, or Strategy
- Ability to take initiative and drive results
- Track record of success in academic and professional settings
- Project management and communication skills
- Commitment to Education Pioneers' mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
Placement locations: Austin, TX | Connecticut | Chicago, IL | Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | DC Metro Area | Denver, CO | Greater Boston Area | Houston, TX | Los Angeles, CA | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | New Orleans, LA | New Jersey | New York Metro Area | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers recruits from a variety of fields: Consulting, Research & Data Analysis, Finance & Accounting, Operations, Project Management, IT & Software Development, Human Resources, Campaigning, Law, Auditing, Strategic Planning, Development, Fundraising, Brand Management, Marketing Management, Budgeting
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color to become Fellows. We support equal opportunity for all people and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Back to top