Education Pioneers Fellowship: Career Track
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top professionals to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. They use their skills to transform education from outside of the classroom to ensure every student has access to opportunities and an excellent education.
The Education Pioneers Fellowship Career Track places talented professions into full-time, permanent roles within the education sector using their existing skills and experiences to make the biggest impact. Fellows will also participate in leadership development programming alongside a cohort of diverse peers designed to build their mindsets and the K-12 knowledge necessary to become change agents in education.
Education Pioneers Career Track Fellows are placed in roles that typically focus on data analysis, project and program management, strategy, and operations. Previous Fellows have:
• Served as the project manager for the launch of a new charter school and directed the school’s setup, developed efficient administrative systems, and managed complex logistics and operations
• Assisted in the expansion of a charter management organizations internship program by building partnerships with local businesses and non-profits while creating lesson plans for the school’s career and college readiness course
• Led, designed, and built online, interactive data dashboards to show student performance over time
• Analyzed a charter management organizations operations to identify best practices and implemented standardized processes across the growing network
• Utilized teacher performance data to develop a mentorship programs pairing experienced educators with new teachers
• Research local, state, and national education policies to identify best practices, including on issues of school choice, early childhood education, and school turnaround
Fellows participate in three months of professional development alongside a cohort of diverse peers, building their K-12 knowledge and mindsets to become a change agent in education. They also receive access to our network of 3,000+ Alumni nationwide. Over 70% of EP Alumni continue to work full-time in education, with 30% serving in senior-level positions
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
• Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
• Commitment to the full program term including the ability to attend workshops and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
• Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
• Experience in data analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
• Enrolled in or completion of graduate degree program
• Ability to take initiative and drive results
• A track record of success in academic and professional settings
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers admissions process is highly selective.
The application deadline is May 12th for fall start opportunities (beginning September 2017)
Career Track Fellows salary is commensurate with experience
APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Ill| DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Hartford, CT | Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.
Meet Some of Education Pioneers's Employees
Senior Manager, Strategic Marketing
As part of the national Marketing and Communications Team, Jennifer’s goal is to spread the word about the Education Pioneers brand, impact, and programs—especially the Education Pioneers Fellowship.
Back to top