Data Analyst Career Track Fellowship
Education Pioneers is currently accepting applications for the EP Fellowship from professionals who want to use their background in data and analytics to transform education by helping organizations analyze and interpret data to support critical and strategic decision making.
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top professionals to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. They use their skills to transform education from outside of the classroom to ensure every student has access to opportunities and an excellent education.
The Education Pioneers Fellowship Career Track places talented professions into full-time, permanent roles within the education sector using their existing skills and experiences to make the biggest impact. Fellows participate in leadership development programming alongside a cohort of diverse peers designed to build the mindsets and K-12 knowledge necessary to become a change agent in education.
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement. Previous Fellows have:
• Performed quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues for clients and synthesize insights from these analysis for an education consulting firm
• Performed statistical analyses to support leader decision-making at a charter management organization
• Built data visualization tools and dashboards to drive accurate decision making
• Led financial reporting, budgeting processes, and resource allocation at a school district
• Promoted data-driven instruction and created sustainable teacher retention strategies
Fellows participate in three months of professional development alongside a cohort of diverse peers, building their K-12 knowledge and mindsets to become a change agent in education. They also receive access to our network of 3,000+ Alumni nationwide. Over 70% of EP Alumni continue to work full-time in education, with 30% serving in senior-level positions
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
• Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
• Commitment to the full program term including the ability to attend workshops and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
• Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
• Experience in data analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
• Ability to take initiative and drive results
• Track record of success in academic and professional settings
• Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
• Completion of or enrolled in a graduate degree program
• Knowledge of Tableau, SPSS, STATA, or other data visualization and data management software is a plus
• Intermediate or advanced knowledge of excel is a plus
• A willingness and ability to learn new software
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers admissions process is highly selective.
The application deadline is May 12th for late summer or early fall start opportunities
Career Track Fellows salary is commensurate with experience
APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Ill | DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Hartford, CT | Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.
Meet Some of Education Pioneers's Employees
Senior Manager, Strategic Marketing
As part of the national Marketing and Communications Team, Jennifer’s goal is to spread the word about the Education Pioneers brand, impact, and programs—especially the Education Pioneers Fellowship.
Back to top