Data Analyst Career Track Fellowship
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top analytic professionals with leading education organizations.
Through the Education Pioneers Fellowship’s career track, we place candidates in full-time, permanent, non-instructional roles in education with K-12 school districts, charter organizations, and other educational organizations to launch your career in the sector. This is a great opportunity for professionals to use their existing skills to create long lasting systemic change in public education.
Fellows also participate in three months of professional development alongside a cohort of diverse peers, building their K-12 knowledge and mindsets to become a change agent in education. They also receive access to our network of 3,000+ Alumni nationwide. Over 70% of EP Alumni continue to work full-time in education, with 30% serving in senior-level positions.
Placements are available beginning early 2017 (February, March, or April). Apply by January 9 to be considered
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement. In a career track role, you could:
● Build data systems for a new network of local charter schools, visualizing student data to improve decision making
● Provide implementation support for a local school district’s new HR data system, identifying trends in teacher tenure and performance
● Analyze stakeholders and efficacy of an education nonprofit’s signature program, proposing strategic improvements
● Research and evaluate potential grant opportunities for an education philanthropy foundation, including benchmarking, financial modeling, and organizational analysis
The Fellowship provides hands-on, real-world experience in the education sector, all while preparing you to understand your role as an education leader and become a steward of equity and access for students.
● Three - five years of full-time professional experience in the field of data analytics
● Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate takeaways and implications of data with stakeholders
● Knowledge of and experience with SQL, SAS, Tableau, and STATA a plus
● Intermediate to an advanced knowledge of Excel
● Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
● Exceptional analytical skills and experience manipulating large sets of data
● A track record of success in academic and professional setting
● A willingness and ability to learn new software
● Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
● Authorization to work full time in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible to apply only if visa assistance is not required)
● Bachelor’s Degree Required
Timing & Benefits
The Education Pioneers Fellowship admissions process is highly selective.
● Apply by January 9, 2017 for early start opportunities (February – April 2017) in Boston, Chicago, New York, or the San Francisco Bay Area only. You will participate accelerated admissions process throughout January.
● Applications will remain open for summer start opportunities (beginning June 2017) across all EP sites. Applications for summer starts will be considered beginning in late January.
Placement locations: Chicago, IL | DC Metro Area | Denver, CO | Greater Boston Area, MA | Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA | New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.
Meet Some of Education Pioneers's Employees
Associate, Learning Programs
As a program associate on the Learning Programs Team, Tiffanie’s job is a mix of logistics, operations, and communications in support of the Education Pioneers Fellowship program.
Back to top