VP Marketing and Adoption
Edmodo is the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for educators, administrators, students, and parents. Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, parents, administrators, and publishers.
This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. Used by more than 68 million teachers, students, and parents across 370,000+ schools worldwide, Edmodo protects the privacy and security of teachers and students by maintaining a closed, private learning environment.The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
The VP Marketing and Adoption will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of Edmodo’s global Marketing, District Adoption, and Learning Programs strategies. As part of the management team, this executive role is responsible for defining Edmodo’s marketing and adoption plans across a multi-year horizon to deliver against the company’s strategic targets.
You should have excellent management skills and exceptional analytical skills with the ability to translate strategies into clear action plans; an ability to identify target customers, specifiers and influencers within market segments; a track record of driving results; and proven experience being a leader and 'change agent' within a fast-changing, dynamic, and growing organization. Expect to work closely with all organizational functions, especially Product. You will establish priorities, drive company-wide awareness around goals, and be highly data-driven to measure success against objectives. Entrepreneurial in spirit, this role is both highly strategic and tactical.
- Drive and measure the success of comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations plans.
- Together with the Director of Adoption, define strategies, processes, and messaging to reach district admins and drive school district adoption of Edmodo.
- Develop annual and quarterly marketing and adoption plans in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Lead development of all programs and communication materials to build company and product awareness.
- Work with executive team, product leaders, and partners to develop compelling story lines and create clear, crisp communications pieces for external distribution.
- Provide leadership in affiliations and partnerships in coordination with business development team.
- Oversee and direct market research, competitor analyses, success, and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
- Drive brand innovation and idea generation based on insight from both the markets and users, leveraging traditional and new technologies, platforms and channels.
- Seek out new partnerships for co-marketing opportunities. Conceive and execute memorable events that attract publicity, reward existing users, attract new users and respected partners.
- Manage Marketing, Adoption, Learning Programs teams – including the hiring and performance management of employees within each department.
- 15 years experience in marketing / growth marketing / sales / customer success
- Prior executive experience and proven team leader
- Thought leader with global experience and track record of successful global program management
- Deep understanding of consumer marketing strategies and familiarity with enterprise marketing
- Extensive experience using technology to drive meaningful measured results
- Background in account centric and segment / customer based marketing
- Proven use of data and analytics to drive fast-paced marketing decisions
- Demonstrable success in create compelling, bold messages while collaborating closely with product team
- Proven track record of success in creative program and campaign development and execution
- Technically savvy, experienced with underlying SaaS, OS, devices, mobility, software and web technologies
- Experience working with partners, channel, and/or system integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand
- Great organizational skills and inclination to set and achieve aggressive goals and timelines
- Excellent leadership acumen managing people and projects
- Extensive knowledge about and passion for K-12 education within US and abroad
Perks and Benefits? Yes, please!
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 65 million members across 350,000+ schools in 190+ countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn. So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Back to top