Visual Designer, Brand Design
We're looking for a Visual Designer to be the visual voice of Edmodo. The ideal candidate will posses a solid understanding of design principles and contemporary production tools. They will be responsible for creating the Edmodo Identity tool and style-guides to be used across both UX and marketing design. They will have excellent interpersonal communication skills and are able to effectively be able to communicate design concepts and strategies to non-design teams.
In this role you’ll:
- Develop the digital brand and identity strategy for Edmodo.
- Create instant tangibility for the Edmodo UX and Marketing teams through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
- Create world class visual assets for our marketing team.
- Work cross-functionally across marketing, product, engineering.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with short feedback loops.
- 4 year degree from a top tier design Institution
- 3+ years experience doing UX design and print design
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey visual concepts effortlessly
- A stunning portfolio
- Experienced in targeting files for various uses including print, and web.
- Great taste and highly refined aesthetic
- Up to date on current visual landscape including contemporary design practices
- Ability to illustrate UI elements from scratch, including custom iconography
- Must be able to generate static comps using and visual assets using industry leading tools
- Must have a solid understanding of design principles including typography, layout, UX Design
Perks and Benefits? Yes, please!
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 65 million members across 350,000+ schools in 190+ countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn. So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Back to top