Teacher Support Specialist II
About the Role:
Edmodo is looking for an experienced, energetic, tech-savvy, passionate-about-education Teacher Support Specialist II/III who will be responsible for supporting and advocating for our growing user base of teachers, students, and parents! As a member of the Community Support Team, this position will address all aspects of customer support: becoming a product expert, responding to incoming requests, troubleshooting problems, and delighting our users with prompt and helpful actions - you will wear many hats and work on a wide variety of tasks. As you crank through tickets in ZenDesk and document complex technical issues, you’ll exercise your passion for helping teachers succeed, and be a leader on an award-winning support team at the world’s largest K-12 social learning network.
You will also work to proactively support our users by developing self service resources for our Help Center, contributing to the creation of team strategies and processes to help scale our support, and helping teammates with complicated technical issues; you’re not just an expert problem-solver, you know how to teach others to become expert problem-solvers, too. Furthermore, as the person whose finger is on the pulse of the user-experience, you will help communicate the voice of the teacher to other internal teams.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of the following:
- Develop a maintain a thorough understanding of Edmodo’s product and services; become a product expert
- Respond to varied support inquiries of all levels from teachers, students, and parents with helpful, timely, and polished responses
- Assist team members in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and reporting technical issues to technical and product teams
- Produce internal support documentation and resources for the Edmodo Help Center
- Deliver product feedback and represent the user-perspective internally
- Develop and analyze processes to help our Support Team scale
- Work on special projects - growth opportunities exist to work closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams on a variety of projects
- Provide training to new and existing staff
You meet all or most of the following qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge about and passion for K-12 education and/or customer support
- Excellent, clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to both engage collaboratively in a dynamic, team environment and work independently; you have strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, but also thrive when left alone to do work
- Ability to multitask, organize, prioritize responsibilities, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Hard worker with a can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile to support our users
- Ability to explain complex, technical ideas in a way that others can easily understand
- Data wizard; you know the ins and outs of excel, and are comfortable writing queries in MySQl, PostgreSQl or similar querying language
- Familiar with customer relationship software and issue ticketing software like Zendesk, Freshdesk, HelpScout, JIRA, etc.
- Detail oriented; you don’t miss the small things, and you catch it when others do
- Quick learner - eager to learn and quick to pick up new skills and knowledge
- Empathetic - you can put yourself in a user’s shoes and turn their frustration into delight
- Flexible - you are willing to put in extra hours during busy times to support our users
You’ll especially knock our socks off with any of the following:
- Experience working for schools or education networks, classroom experience a major plus
- Familiarity with application programming interfaces
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Video production skills
- Experience managing a knowledge base
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience supporting a SaaS product in a B2C model
Working at Edmodo:
A few perks and benefits:
- Market competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain Pass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
See Inside the Office of Edmodo
Created to bring education into the 21st century, Edmodo is now the number one K-12 social learning network in the world. The platform provides students and parents with the safest and easiest way to connect with educators in one place. To date, Edmodo has connected classrooms, schools, and districts with over 69 million members across 210 countries. Edmodo is backed by top-tier investors, including Greylock and Benchmark, with LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman serving as Chairman.
Back to top