Teacher Support Specialist
Edmodo is looking for a energetic, tech-savvy, passionate-about-education Teacher Advocate who will be responsible for supporting and advocating for our growing user base of teachers, students, and parents! As a member of the Community Success Team, this position will address all aspects of customer support: becoming a product expert, responding to incoming requests, troubleshooting problems, and delighting our users with prompt and helpful actions. As you crank through tickets in ZenDesk, you’ll exercise your passion for helping teachers succeed, and be part of an award-winning support team at the world’s largest K-12 social learning network. As we have a growing international user-base, any foreign language skills, especially Spanish, is a plus!
You will also work to proactively support our users by developing self service resources for our Help Center, and contributing to the creation of team strategies and processes to help scale our support. Furthermore, as the person whose finger is on the pulse of the user-experience, you will help communicate the voice of the teacher to other internal teams.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of the following:
- Become an expert in Edmodo’s product and services
- Respond to varied support inquiries from teachers, students, and parents with helpful, timely, and polished responses
- Diagnose technical issues and drive resolution through communication with tech and engineering teams
- Track, analyze, and communicate product feedback and analytics internally and help drive strategic solutions
- Produce support documentation and resources for the Edmodo Help Center
- Develop and analyze processes to help our Success Team scale
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned - growth opportunities exist to work closely with product and marketing teams on a variety of projects
- BA/BS degree - at least a year of experience in education, customer service, or community building a plus
- A strong writer with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail; you don’t miss small things, and catch it when others do
- An organized, multi-tasking rockstar
- Positive team player that thrives in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Expert spreadsheet wizard, chart-maker, graph-enthusiast, and data extrapolator
- Do great work and with minimal supervision
- Quick learner - eager and quick to pick up new skills and knowledge
- Web-savvy - you know you way around a computer, browsers, etc
- Flexible work hours – full time, weekends, and nights as needed
A major plus if you have any of the following:
- Fluent Spanish speaker and writer (growing user base in Spanish speaking countries)
- Experience working in schools - classroom teaching experience ideal
- Experience working in customer support or in ed-tech
- Skilled in Excel or other data tools like SQL
- Active participation in an online community
- Experience using Zendesk or a similar ticketing software
- Foreign language skills
Perks and Benefits? Yes, please!
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 65 million members across 350,000+ schools in 190+ countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn. So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Back to top