Software Engineer - Full Stack
Edmodo is out to change the world of K-12 education. Our team believes we can improve learning outcomes at scale with cutting edge software, and we are seeking like minded developers with full stack experience to join us on this journey.
We’re in the process of re-architecting a back end that powers 75 million users (and growing!) and we’re seeking technologists with the skills, passion and experience to build something that’s never been built before.
Some of the engineering projects we’ve taken on are:
- Developing a new Service Oriented Architecture in Go and Rails
- Developing a new API for all internal and external services
- Rebuilding our front end using Backbone/Marionette
The ideal candidate has shipped production software for a highly scaled, consumer facing website, and wants to apply that experience towards solving one of the most pressing problems of our time.
- Design, prototype and deploy full stack solutions in Go and Rails
- Upgrade legacy PHP backend
- Work alone and with teams to deliver projects
- Understand performance issues at all levels of the stack
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience developing production level software for a highly scaled websites (rails preferred)
- Experience with agile environments and TDD (pair programming preferred)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience developing in Go
- Contribution to open source software a plus
- Startup experience a plus
A few perks and benefits to whet your appetite:
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 75 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Meet Some of Edmodo's Employees
Director of Information Technology & Facilities
Part Camp Counselor, part Office Mom, Allison’s job is to ensure employees have everything they need—from a stocked kitchen to a functioning computer—to get their jobs done.
Back to top