Software Engineer - Full Stack
Edmodo is out to change the world of K-12 education. Our team believes we can improve learning outcomes at scale with cutting edge software, and we are seeking like minded developers with full stack experience to join us on this journey.
We’re in the process of re-architecting a back end that powers 32 million users (and growing!) and we’re seeking technologists with the skills, passion and experience to build something that’s never been built before.
Some of the engineering projects we’ve taken on are:
- Developing a new Service Oriented Architecture in Go and Rails
- Developing a new API for all internal and external services
- Rebuilding our front end using Backbone/Marionette
The ideal candidate has shipped production software for a highly scaled, consumer facing website, and wants to apply that experience towards solving one of the most pressing problems of our time.
- Design, prototype and deploy full stack solutions in Go and Rails
- Upgrade legacy PHP backend
- Work alone and with teams to deliver projects
- Understand performance issues at all levels of the stack
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience developing production level software for a highly scaled websites (rails preferred)
- Experience with agile environments and TDD (pair programming preferred)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience developing in Go
- Contribution to open source software a plus
- Startup experience a plus
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15, and HSA options
- Kaiser Medical PPO 30 Option
- Metlife Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Basic & Voluntary LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible time off
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation
The position is located in San Mateo, right off of the 101 freeways and Hillsdale.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Back to top