Senior Software Engineer (FullStack)
We’re in the process of re-architecting both the front and back ends that power 90 million users (and growing!) and we’re seeking technologists with the skills, passion and experience to build something that’s never been built before.
The ideal candidate has shipped production software for a highly scaled, consumer facing website, and wants to apply that experience towards solving one of the most pressing problems of our time.
- Expanding and maintaining existing software
- Design, prototype and deploy scalable full stack solutions in React/Redux + Rails
- Write high quality code that is modular, functional and testable; - Establish the best coding practices.
- Understanding performance issues at all levels of the stack
- Participating in code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- Work directly with support to solve customer problems
- Write tests for existing and new code
- 4+ years of experience in building dynamic, consumer-facing production level software for a highly scaled websites.
- 2+ years of experience building dynamic, consumer-facing sites using React/Redux.
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- 2+ years of experience in Restful API services
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- You have an eye for visual and/or interaction design, and maybe have even done some design work in the past
- Embraces unit testing as a very valuable tool in the arsenal of a Software Engineer
- Experience with MySQL a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Startup experience a plus
Perks and Benefits? Yes, please!
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 190+ countries.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Back to top