Senior iOS Engineer
Edmodo is out to change the world of K-12 education. Our team believes we can improve learning outcomes at scale with cutting edge software, and we are seeking like minded developers with considerable iOS experience to join us on this journey. The ideal candidate has shipped production apps for a consumer facing platform. Apply your experience in mobile technologies to enhance the Edmodo classroom experience for both students and teachers. Take ownership of what our users see and make recommendations on how we should enhance and improve the product. Solve hard problems and make our apps efficient, elegant and awesome.
- Design, prototype and deploy multiple iOS apps
- Transition legacy Objective-C apps to Swift
- Work alone and with teams to deliver projects
- Understand performance and stability issues at all levels of the app and API it uses
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience developing iOS apps for the App Store in Swift and Objective-C, including examples of apps where you have contributed a considerable amount of code.
- Deep familiarity with iOS tools (e.g. XCode, Interface Builder, Instruments) and the iOS SDK (Foundation framework, UIKit, XCTest, Multi-threading)
- Comprehensive knowledge of both iOS and general software development design patterns, and code architecture experience.
- Experience using frameworks between multiple projects, including bootstrapping without 3rd party tools such as Cocoapods
- Proper design knowledge of RESTful API’s as they pertain to mobile technology
- Experience developing Push Notifications, Deep Linking, Share extensions
- Experience with CoreData, AFNetworking/AlamoFire, CoreAnimation and CoreGraphics and building custom UIViewTransitions
- Fluent in server-side development and languages.
- Startup experience a plus
Working at Edmodo:
- At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: https://www.edmodo.com/careers
- Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15, and HSA options
- Kaiser Medical PPO 30 Option
- Metlife Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Basic LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible time off
- Catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation
The position is located in San Mateo, right off of the 101 freeways and Hillsdale.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Back to top