Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, parents, administrators, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
Position, Responsibilities, and Skills
We are looking to fill a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for the Edmodo Ops team. An ideal candidate would have a strong analytical bent and several years of experience designing, implementing, and operating a distributed cloud-based infrastructure. The ability to architect, implement, and automate new infrastructure components is a must since we are re-designing critical pieces of our infrastructure to support our explosive growth. Simultaneously, you should not be daunted by the need to support legacy systems. Database administration skills are also highly desirable. We expect you to work well with a highly collaborative existing Ops team. An understanding of security concepts and practices is a must.
· Deployment and package management (ex: Docker, continuous integration)
· Alerting and monitoring (ex: Nagios, Stackdriver, New Relic)
· Database administration
· Unix account management (SSH keys, LDAP)
· DNS management
· AWS services (ex: EC2, S3, Route53, CloudFront, CloudTrail)
· Optimizing AWS costs (ex: reservation strategies, scaling techniques, hardware type selection)
· Configuration and optimization of web servers data systems (ex: Apache/Nginx, Memcache/Redis/Sphinx)
· Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation
· A Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
· 5+ years experience working with a web-based application platform
· 2+ years of experience with cloud-based infrastructures, AWS preferred
· Solid understanding of security concepts
· Proficiency in Unix concepts
· Fluency in a scripting language, preferably Python and Shell scripting
A few perks and benefits to whet your appetite:
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 80 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Meet Some of Edmodo's Employees
Director of Information Technology & Facilities
Part Camp Counselor, part Office Mom, Allison’s job is to ensure employees have everything they need—from a stocked kitchen to a functioning computer—to get their jobs done.
Back to top