We’re looking for someone with a passion for leveraging technology to shape the future of education. You will work on the search and machine learning infrastructure at Edmodo. A detailed understanding of the Elastic Search or some other large scale search system is a necessity. Knowledge about NLP, machine learning and recommendation systems is a plus. An understanding of search in the AWS world is a plus. You're a practical, results-focused self-starter who will work to understand, improve and anticipate search needs within Edmodo.
- Build and maintain the search infrastructure at Edmodo/AWS
- Improve the quality of Edmodo search
- 2+ years of search experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits? Yes, please!
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 80 million members across 350,000+ schools in 190+ countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn. So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Meet Some of Edmodo's Employees
Manager of Community Support & Developer Relations
Zach ensures that Edmodo’s users—whether they’re teachers, students, parents, or administrators—have their voices heard, helping the company build a product driven by customer feedback.
Back to top