Edmodo is out to change the world of K-12 education. Our team believes we can improve learning outcomes at scale with cutting edge software, and we are seeking like minded developers with considerable iOS experience to join us on this journey. The ideal candidate has shipped production apps for a consumer facing platform. Apply your experience in mobile technologies to enhance the Edmodo classroom experience for both students and teachers. Take ownership of what our users see and make recommendations on how we should enhance and improve the product. Solve hard problems and make our apps efficient, elegant and awesome.
- Design, prototype and deploy multiple iOS apps
- Transition legacy Objective-C code and functionality to Swift
- Work alone and with teams to deliver projects
- Understand performance and stability issues at all levels of the app and the API it uses
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- 2+ years of experience developing iOS apps for the App Store in Swift 3.x and Objective-C, including examples of apps where you have contributed a considerable amount of code.
- Deep familiarity with iOS tools (e.g. XCode, Interface Builder, Instruments) and the iOS SDK (Foundation framework, UIKit, XCTest, Multi-threading, Auto Layout)
- Comprehensive knowledge of both iOS and general software development design patterns, and code architecture experience.
- Experience using frameworks between multiple projects, including bootstrapping using submodules
- Proper design knowledge of RESTful API’s as they pertain to mobile technology
- Experience developing Push Notifications, Deep Linking, Share extensions
- Experience with CoreData, CoreAnimation and CoreGraphics and building custom UIViewTransitions
- Experience with Mobile Advertising platforms and optimizations
- Fluent in server-side development and languages.
- Startup experience a plus
Perks and Benefits? Yes, please!
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 65 million members across 350,000+ schools in 190+ countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn. So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Meet Some of Edmodo's Employees
Manager of Community Support & Developer Relations
Zach ensures that Edmodo’s users—whether they’re teachers, students, parents, or administrators—have their voices heard, helping the company build a product driven by customer feedback.
Back to top