We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data Science team. The ideal candidate would be an energetic, results focused self-starter with excellent analytical skills and an ability to decompose ambiguous questions into discrete data problems and answer with clear, actionable insights.
- Work with stakeholders in Growth, Marketing and Product to set and track meaningful KPIs
- Work with Product Managers on exploratory analyses to find actionable info to drive growth
- Develop standardized dashboards and ad hoc reports to inform decisions
- Brainstorm new ideas and design experiments, test them, and analyze results
- 2+ years experience in product analytics, business intelligence, data analysis, data science, or similar area
- Bachelors or Masters in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or other quantitative field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong SQL skills are a must. Experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets using SQL
- Understanding of best practices in data visualization
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau
- Extremely attentive to detail, data accuracy, and quality of output
- Experience with big data frameworks preferred
- Bonus: Comfortable with statistics and common pitfalls in experimental design and analysis
- Bonus: Some experience in a scripting language like Python a plus
NOTE: Please complete the Data Analyst Screening Questions after your submission. The application will not be considered if the questionnaire is not completed.
A few perks and benefits to whet your appetite:
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 80 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Meet Some of Edmodo's Employees
Manager of Community Support & Developer Relations
Zach ensures that Edmodo’s users—whether they’re teachers, students, parents, or administrators—have their voices heard, helping the company build a product driven by customer feedback.
Back to top